Make a difference…work for Habitat!
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with Watauga County Habitat for Humanity. Current open positions are listed below.
- ReStore Part Time Associate
- Watauga County Habitat for Humanity ReStore is looking for part-time help in our ReStore. Ideal candidates would have previous customer service experience and willingness to work hard for a great cause. Candidates must be able to pick up and carry 50+ pounds. Come join a great team of hard working folks who are helping raise funds to provide housing opportunities to local families in need.
- ReStore Administrative Assistant
Job Description: Assists the Manager in certain administrative and operational functions of the WCHFHReStore. Assists the Manager in achieving operational, financial, administrative, volunteer and customer
1. Assist with opening and closing of the ReStore for scheduled daily hours.
2. Assist with general oversight of store operations and volunteer management in coordination with
3. Produce daily and weekly truck schedules for pickups and deliveries and coordinate driver/helper
schedules with ReStore Manager.
4. Manage the store in the absence of the Manager.
5. Assist with social media updates
6. Working closely with the ReStore Manager to ensure store policies and procedures are followed.
7. Assist in the display and organization of showroom sales areas jointly with ReStore Manager to
ensure all items are properly priced and ticketed for sale.
8. Assist warehouse staff as required to maintain orderly flow of items in warehouse and outside
9. Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
1. Computer knowledgeable; including Microsoft Word & Excel (PowerPoint a plus). Must have
willingness to learn other programs as needed.
2. Social Media knowledge a plus.
3. Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic. Enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
4. Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact. Excellent communication and
conflict resolution skills.
5. Commitment to safe working environment.
6. Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers while also having the ability
to perform most tasks in the absence of staff or volunteers.
7. Ability to operate material handling equipment including pallet jack, hand truck, merchandising
8. Ability to lift 75+ pounds. Job entails bending, kneeling and reaching, often in
awkward and tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking and otherwise
9. Experience driving box trucks a plus.
10. Minimum three years work experience, preferably two years in a related role.
11. Prior experience in construction and/or volunteer management a plus.
12. Ability to work in a team environment, strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and can work
in a faced paced environment.
Watauga County Habitat for Humanity, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best
qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race,
color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve
national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Applications can be picked up and filled out at:
1200 Archie Carroll Rd
Boone, NC 28607
No Calls, Please.
Watauga County Habitat for Humanity ReStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.